PREAMBLE it is expedient to revise and bring up-to-date the orders and instructions issued from time to time with regard to the management and disposal of urban evacuee trust properties and to consolidate them to form a regular scheme;
AND WHEREAS the Federal Government has already given its approval to the Scheme vide letter No. 18-20/75-ETP, dated the 17th July, 1976;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of Section 30 of the Evacuee Trust Properties (Management and Disposal) Act, 1975, the Evacuee Trust Property Board with the prior approval of the Federal Government, has framed the following Scheme:
- Short Title Commencement and Extent:
- This Scheme shall be called “The scheme for the Management and Disposal of Urban Evacuee Trust Properties, 1977”.
- It shall come into force with effect from 1st January, 1977.
- It shall extend to the whole of Pakistan.
- In the Scheme unless there is anything repugnant to the subject or context, the following words and expressions shall have the meaning assigned to them as under:
- “Act” means the Evacuee Trust Properties (Management and Disposal) Act, 1975.
- Assessment means the assessment/re-assessment of rent under Clause 10.
- “Government” means the Federal Government of Pakistan.
- “Committee” means a committee constituted by the Chairman under the Scheme.
- “District Officer” means Assistant Administrator or Deputy Administrator incharge of the administration of the Evacuee Trust properties in a District.