One of the major functions of the Evacuee Trust Property Board is to manage religious places belonging to Sikhs and Hindus and facilitate Sikh / Hindu Yatrees on their religious festivals as laid down in Sec.4(2) (i) of the Act 1975.
Functions of Shrines Branch:
- To look after historical functional shrines of Sikhs and Hindus including their management.
- Provision of facilities to the Sikh and Hindu pilgrims who visit Pakistan to perform their religious rituals /rites
- To deal with the affairs of Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (PSGPC).
As per bilateral “Protocol on Visits to Religious Shrines- 1947” between India and Pakistan, Sikhs and Hindus are allowed to visit Pakistan on following occasions:-
- Reception at Wagha Railway Station.
- Provision of Langar on Arrival/departure and during stay of Yatrees in Pakistan.
- Arrangements of special trains for Sikh/Hindu Yatrees to cities where all major Gurdwaras/Mandirs are situated.
- Liaison with customers and immigration/Rangers authorities for speedy immigration clearance of Yatrees.
- Adequate security arrangements in consultation with concerned departments for the protection of Gurdwaras/Mandirs and Yatrees.
- Comfortable boarding and lodging arrangements for Yatrees within the premises of major Gurdwaras/Mandirs and alternative places as well.
- To ensure holding of religious ceremonies in Gurdwaras/Mandirs as per traditions of Sikh & Hindu religions.
- Arrangements of money exchange counters of National Bank of Pakistan/Habib Bank Limited at Wagha Railway Station and in all major Gurdwaras.
- PTC telephone booths with NWD/ISD facilities in all main Gurdwaras.
- Round the clock availability of doctors/para medical staff for Yatrees during the travel of Yatrees and their stay at Gurdwaras/Mandirs.